POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to Unexpire Beta 3.5 : Re: How to Unexpire Beta 3.5 Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to Unexpire Beta 3.5
From: bob h
Date: 16 Jan 2002 15:14:25
Message: <3c45df21@news.povray.org>
"KalleK" <kal### [at] gmxde> wrote in message news:3c45d2e2$1@news.povray.org...

> Are you going to officially announce that beta 10 is up?
> I wanna be one of the "good ones", not donwloading before the
announcement,
> because maybe you are going to change something lastminunte after
realising a
> "crashing bug". After someone (inofficially) announced beta 8, you told us
> that it is on you to annouce.

One sec, please...

A lot of anxiety going on lately; frayed nerves perhaps after such a long,
grueling beta test period.  It's a lot like watching wolf packs hunting for
the next meal in the middle of winter on PBS.  ;-}
I don't think people should be jumping all over poor Mitchell like that
anyhow.  He hasn't been beta testing the past year like so many others have
been doing.  And hasn't even been here in the newsgroups much.  Not everyone
can lurk for months without speaking up.

Okay, now you can flame me at will.

Yep, I see there hasn't been a official announcement made of #10, neither
here at general nor at beta-test.

Guess I look too briefly at http://www.povray.org/binaries/windows/beta.html
when DL from there, I hadn't realized it states "By this time there will
either be a new beta version available here or the final version of POV-Ray
3.5 will be available." after the Feb. 10th 2002 date.  Can anybody tell me
if that has always been said?

bob h